2019 Count on Kindness Campaign
Sunday, February 17th is National Random Acts of Kindness Day and Nebraska Organ Recovery's 3rd annual Count on Kindness campaign.
The Count on Kindness campaign helps create awareness for the importance of organ, tissue and eye donation through its participants who spread kindness in their community while sharing how they have been impacted by donation and transplantation. Organ recipients, donor family and friends, living donors and anyone who is passionate about saving and healing lives through donation is encouraged to get involved.
How You Can Help
It's simple! Mark your calendar for February 17th and plan to get out in your neighborhood and do something nice for others. What you do is up to you. Get creative to make the most impact in your community.
Individuals, small groups (2-5 participants) and large groups/organizations (6+ participants) can also participate in the Count on Kindness campaign as sponsored participants. As a sponsored participant or group, you'll receive a small scholarship ($50 for individuals; $100 for small groups; $200 for large groups/organizations) to help maximize your plans for spreading kindness and reaching more people with a positive message about donation. You'll also be featured on the Count of Kindness website and in media and other awareness activities intended to increase the reach of the Count on Kindness campaign.
To apply to be a sponsored participant, create a plan for how you'll get involved with the Count on Kindness campaign and tell us about it in the form below. Sponsored applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Creativity: Surprise us with an out-of-the-box idea for spreading kindness that is sure to draw attention. Be as detailed as possible with your plans
- Exposure: The Count on Kindness campaign is designed to create awareness for donation. The more people you impact through your scholarship, the better. Special consideration will also be given to plans that include acts of kindness for diverse and low-income populations
- Location: We want to spread kindness all throughout Nebraska
Read the Sponsored Participation Rules and complete the form below by Friday, January 4th, 2019. Applicants chosen will be notified by January 11th.
Sponsored Participation Rules
Sponsored participants agree to:
- Participate in the Count on Kindness campaign on Sunday, February 17th
- Use the scholarship money ($50 for individuals; $100 for small groups; $200 for large groups/organizations) only for the purpose of spreading kindness and encouraging donation. Your use of the scholarship money must be approved by Nebraska Organ Recovery prior to the event. Scholarship money must be used in Nebraska.
- Be interviewed by, and provide your photo to Nebraska Organ Recovery staff to be featured on the Count on Kindness campaign website and social media posts
- Share your story with interested media outlets leading up to and on the day of the event
- Post graphics provided by Nebraska Organ Recovery on your social media accounts prior to the event
- Photograph and/or video your Count on Kindness campaign activities and share them with Nebraska Organ Recovery for publishing in its social media accounts, websites and other publications