We are looking for a composed and passionate individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment to join our Surgical Services team as a Surgical Services Coordinator. This individual will be an integral part of our recovery team. Responsibilities will include operating room setup/clean-up, organ preservation, surgically recovering non-transplantable organs for research purposes and assisting with paperwork completion after an organ donor case.
The preferred candidate would have at least two years of operating room experience. If you are able to prioritize quickly and have the drive to complete your goals before going home, this opportunity could be the next step in your career.
This position participates in a rotating on-call schedule of 24-hour shifts to facilitate the recovery of organs.
- Provide organ procurement supplies and instrumentation to the OR staff and assist with proper setup of the operating room.
- Assist with procurement, preservation, packaging, labeling and shipment of organs.
- Provide support with research organ allocation and recovery.
- Perform kidney pumping and maintain perfusion documentation.
- Maintain inventory, stock and cleanliness of organ procurement supplies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of people
- Ability to multi-task, keep accurate records, perform calculations and perform technical training
- Effectively communicate with coroners, funeral homes, hospitals and other internal departments
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Completion of Surgical Technology program and/or Associates Degree with a concentration in healthcare preferred with equivalent experience
- Two or more years of operating room experience preferred
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- Maintain personal auto insurance
- Capability to travel by vehicle and plane
Nebraska Organ Recovery offers our team members a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including insurance, retirement benefits and paid time off. We want team members to feel empowered and appreciated in the workplace. We strive to provide team members with an environment that fosters growth, satisfaction and creativity.
Nebraska Organ Recovery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.